Your Rights and Responsibilities
Client Rights & Responsibilities Policy
- You have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- You have the right to be informed about what services are available.
- You have a right to choose what service you will receive including having your dietary requirements met.
- You have the right to be assessed to receive services without discrimination.
- You have the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- You have the right to complain or express your own views and ideas about the Service without fear of losing the service. You have a right to have your complaints dealt with fairly and promptly.
- You have the right to have someone (Advocate) to speak on your behalf.
- You have various rights in respect of accessing any of your personal records upon written request by you or your nominated representative. In most instances, we will endeavour to have information supplied to you within three working days from receipt of a written request.
- To respect Meals on Wheels Service staff/ volunteers and other Clients.
- To respect the conditions on the agreed service between you and the Meals on Wheels Service, particularly in the Duty of Care in Meal Deliveries.
- To advise Meals on Wheels Services of your dietary requirements.
- To pay for your Meal